Putting Your Business Centre Stage of Change
The important thing about transformational change initiatives is differentiating between managing the investment and managing the implementation. One is focused on delivering outcomes and the other on managing to outputs. The more Project Managers focus on managing the implementation the better an organisation must be at managing the investment.
An Executive level consultant and expert practitioner, I build structures and lead interventions that are key to delivering transformative change. My extensive practical global experience sees me combining responsive Project, Program, and Portfolio Management (3PM) practices with change strategies for clients in a variety of industry sectors. Spanning the spectrum of transformation projects, I bridge the space between the business, Group IT and external partners, helping negotiate and balance often conflicting operational, project and commercial priorities.
I work direct with medium to large organisations that recognise change must be an integral part of any delivery approach if the outcomes from their investments in change are to be realised. I also deliver client projects on behalf of Consulting Services organisations and Application Solution providers.
I believe that with openness, pragmatism, a sound approach and common sense, change doesn’t have to be difficult. My company is Unlike Before and it has been my operating entity since 2005. Whether your project is in Europe, the UK, or something with a wider reach, I work both onsite and remote/virtually.
Give me a call and let's talk.
Consulting | Management | Delivery
Delivering Projects & Developing People
Broad international experience from IT/IS management, leadership, and PPM roles across various industry sectors with multi-cultural, -national, and -lingual teams.
Experienced at designing, developing and delivering change to successfully transition business activities, roles and people in order to support IS-led initiatives and outcomes.
A proven track record of managing and delivering Group IT services and projects while simultaneously developing high-performing individuals and teams; increased productivity, quality, and profitability.
Client engagements vary. As change is an inherent part of all technology projects, keeping the business at their centre is critical.
Quickly developing key relationships to understand, critically analyse, plan and deliver the essential business change that's needed to support project outcomes, are important leadership and management capabilities. These capabilities lend themselves to a wide variety of engagements; ones that can be delivered via a combination of onsite and remote/virtual working that suits client needs.
Engagements span the spectrum of technology groups, services, and projects, covering:
- Programme and Project Management - turnaround and system and application implementations (from ERP to function specific software solutions)
- PMO and Project Delivery Services - PMO lead, setup and project management frameworks; capability assessments, development, mentoring, recruitment
- Portfolio Management - introduction, setup, and mobilisation
- Change and Transition Management - stakeholder identification and analysis, communication and change strategy definition, planning, and implementation
- Service Delivery Management - outsourcing and outsourced activities, SLA's, performance monitoring and management
Typical Value Contributions
- Successfully engaged Executive Management in strategic and business relevance of Portfolio Management to point of active ongoing involvement
- Assessed and reduced IT Portfolio of work for Energy Co by 58% within 6 weeks
- Achieved, on average, 37% margin on projects managed and delivered on behalf of Software Vendors
- Achieved 47% margin against planned 34% for outsourced 24x7 support and development agreement
- Turned around a software services business unit through effective line management, relevant productivity goals, and improving overall operating efficiency and effectiveness
Strategy, Planning, Organising and Delivery
Change and Transition: People, Process, Roles, Services
Management and Leadership
Micro to Macro Governance
What Clients Say
Deanne arrived to help us with a project crisis, as we ran into difficulties which led to a third party intervention need. I watched Deanne with astonishment as she led the project through the requirements and design stage, with persistence she led a large group of users and managers filled with objections. Her professionalism and expertise provided with spirit and the will to understand and solve conflicts brought unity and collaboration. Deanne is a real Pro and I'm looking forward to working with her again.
Deanne is a very focused results oriented contributor that keeps her calm in all situations and is highly effective moving project teams along. She made extremely good contributions to the project outcome of a very complex project. Deanne worked well both with management teams as well as the operational organisation. Her attention to detail and determination to succeed is outstanding.